We always say our Engineers are the face of PTPS. Our Systems Engineers / Field Technicians are the ones interfacing most with our clients on a day-to-day basis. How they present themselves, how they smile, how they bring a smile to the client's face is a direct representation of PTPS. Anyone can read some IT books and be a tech, but not everyone can deliver that above and beyond quality experience that clients appreciate.
A PTPS Field Engineer is a person who is responsible for building and maintaining the network of a business. Their role can vary from one business to the next, but they are usually responsible for installing, supporting and maintaining the various systems in the office. A PTPS Field Engineer candidate, as we see it, is one who can separate him or herself from the rest.
Before submitting your resume, please review the questions below to see if you would be a good fit. These same questions will be followed up over the phone and in-person interviews.
Candidates should possess the following skills:
- Managing and maintaining multiple Microsoft Windows Server environments
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of clients' PCs, laptops, mobile devices and peripherals
- Basic TCP/IP networking knowledge
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 (client Outlook Client RPC, OWA & SMTP)
- Basic Mac OS knowledge
- Software installation and configuration
- Extensive knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Mac OSX)